Bryansk State Technical University (BSTU) was founded in 1929.
Since then the higher educational institution has become famous in Russia and abroad. Over 40 thousand engineers and scientific workers have
been trained here for different spheres of national economy.
Now BSTU is a multi profile institution,
training bachelors, masters and specialists.
There is a full-time, a part-time and an evening department.
The university has a Regional Centre of Staff Development and
Retraining, Distance Learning Centre, Regional Centre of New Information Technologies, research sector and laboratories, small-scale
scientific technical enterprises and other structural subdivisions.
The education is provided by highly qualified faculty members.
Among 300 lecturers working at BSTU there are 36 Doctors of Sciences, professors, about 200 Candidates of Sciences (PhDs), associate
professor. There are 6 honoured workers of science of RF, 15 honoured workers of higher education and industrial branches, 16 honoured
workers of higher professional education, 7 honoured workers of natural gas industry, 20 full members and corresponding members of various
international and branch academies.